Sunday, 12 January 2014

New restaurant expands "eat street'

A Mexican restaurant named Beach Burrito Company is to join the popular and highly competitive “eat street” dining precinct in Church Street
4 Eyes Pty Ltd has approval to use first floor and dome/mezzanine level, plus a ground-floor café, at 306 Church Street, on the north-east corner of the Church and Philip streets intersection.
The majority of the ground floor of the heritage-listed building is occupied by Liana’s restaurant, which will continue to operate.
The approval allows for the construction of a bar, kitchen area and seating for 18 tables on the first floor – 15 tables, 112 seats, 10 bar seats and three booth areas – and six tables and 30 chairs within the dome/mezzanine level, plus seven tables and 42 chairs on the Phillip Street entrance.
Approximately 10 people would be employed in what was once an ANZ Bank branch, opened in 1889; the building features a dome based on that of the Cathedral of St Maria de Fiore, in Florence, Italy.
An earlier approved development application (DA) for the inclusion of a rooftop bar and restaurant seating was not taken up.
Elsewhere in the CBD, council approved a DA for the expansion of a non-licensed restaurant, Terrace Café/Restaurant, at 399 Church Street, to the first and second floors, bring the total on all three floors to 166 seats.

One of Parramatta’s established restaurants, Courtney’s Brasserie, has relocated from 70 Phillip Street to 30-32 Charles Street.


Post a Comment

<< Home